About AMAZONE Ltd.
Founded in 1983 and based just south of Doncaster, AMAZONE Ltd is a wholly owned subsiduary of AMAZONEN-WERKE and looks after in Great Britain both agricultural and groundcare machinery. The philosophy at AMAZONE Ltd is to provide a high-level of technical support to the product, before, during and after the purchase to ensure our customers gets the best out of their AMAZONE equipment for years to come.
Our parent company, AMAZONEN-WERKE is a family owned business founded in 1883 with production sites at:
- Main factory in Hasbergen-Gaste near Osnabrück - AMAZONEN-WERKE H. Dreyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Production site in Hude near Oldenburg - AMAZONEN-WERKE H. Dreyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Production site in Leeden near Hasbergen-Gaste - AMAZONEN-WERKE H. Dreyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Production site in Forbach / France - AMAZONE S.A. Forbach
- Production site in Leipzig / Saxony - BBG Bodenbearbeitungsgeräte GmbH & Co.KG
- Production site in Altmoorhausen near Oldenburg - BBG Bodenbearbeitungsgeräte Hude GmbH & Co. KG
- Production site Samara / Russia - GAG Eurotechnik
With sales divisions not only just in Great Britain but also in France, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Russia, China and Kazakhstan as well.
Employees of the AMAZONE group: approx. 1800
Export share: approx. 80 % of the turnover in more than 70 countries
AMAZONE is the specialist for fertiliser spreaders, seed drills, powered (rotary cultivators and rotary harrows) and non-powered soil cultivation (compact disc harrows, mulch cultivators & tine and disc cultivators), precision air seeders and crop protection sprayers. In addition, AMAZONE has, for many years offered a comprehensive range of machinery for the maintenance of parks and lawns, using either the Profihopper or Groundkeeper for scarifying and leaf collection, and spreaders for top dressing and winter road salt spreading.
These days, with the comprehensive range of trailed drills and cultivation equipment, the main customers of AMAZONE machinery are now not just medium sized farms but also large estates and contractors.
AMAZONE products are known for
- quality and reliability
- above average work rates
- outstanding operational performance
- quick and qualified customer service
- reliable spare parts supply
- high resale value of used machines
In addition AMAZONE provides the unique fertiliser advisory service offering the customer information (also via the phone) about all, even unknown, kinds of fertilisers. Moreover AMAZONE offers a comprehensive information service on the internet, e.g. spare parts lists, spreading charts, etc.
At a member survey of the German Agricultural Society (DLG) this comprehensive level of service support resulted in 4th position for AMAZONE in the image scale of the best companies and thus is regarded as the leading manufacturer for mounted implements.
With 26 medals at the last eight Agrictechnica exhibitions, AMAZONE is the most innovative company within the sector.
In this way, AMAZONE demonstrates also, that a medium sized family owned company in Germany is able to stand up against the big conglomerates and foreign competition.
The general managers of AMAZONEN-WERKE are Graduate Economic Eng. Christian Dreyer and Graduate Eng. Dr. Justus Dreyer, the representatives of the 4th generation of the Dreyer family. They are determined to successfully continue the tradition of the business independently .